I love making salt dough ornaments!
Salt dough ornaments are my go-to DIY craft. Easy to make, and very affordable, they’re an ideal craft to make alone, with friends or the kids.
The best thing about salt dough ornaments is that they only require 3 ingredients that you probably already have in your home: salt, water and flour.
What You’ll Need:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup salt
1 cup of flour
How To Make Salt Dough Ornamets
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
1. Gather 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of water, and 1 cup of flour. Mix together in a bowl.
2. Roll dough out on counter or other flat surface.
3. Use a cookie cutter to cut dough into desired shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, you can use a cup. If you use the cup, you may consider imprinting your thumbprint or handprint, or using a butter knife to sign your name on the dough.
The possibilities for this step are endless!
4. Use a straw or pencil to make a circle. This small circle will be used for your string/ribbon.
5. Bake for 3 hours at 250 degrees.
6. Remove ornaments, paint, string with ribbon or twine.